6 Responses to Beware of the Sleeping Pill…

1. Brett January 5, 2011 at 8:11 am #

After all my travels, I’ve actually never taken a sleeping pill. I have had some similar experiences mixing wine, beer, liquor and, one time, a cigar!

• Aaron January 5, 2011 at 9:25 am #

It’s probably for the best! Any funky experiences from mixing various other substances??

2. 1Dad1Kid January 5, 2011 at 9:38 pm #

Yeah, big oops there. LOL When I pop an Ambien, I’m in bed within 5-10 mins because once it starts kicking in, it can be a challenge to even walk. Glad you didn’t get injured or anything.

• Aaron January 7, 2011 at 1:18 am #

Now that’s some sound advice! It was my first time taking Abien so I didn’t know better! That said, I’ve taken Ambien without issue since and even gone to go brush my teeth before getting into bed. I’m sure the fact that I’d been up for like 36 hours really didn’t help either!

3. Lisa E @chickybus January 7, 2011 at 9:27 am #

Wow…crazy experience!! It’s almost like when one has had anesthesia/surgery and feels that peculiar sense of ‘lost time.’

I’ve taken Ambien a few times and don’t care for it. If it doesn’t work, you feel really out of it. It made me hallucinate once, believe it or not! If I’m traveling and trying to make sleep happen (on a flight or once I’ve landed), I use Xanax and/or antihistamine. They seem to work ok, but if they don’t for some reason, you’re also left feeling quite messed up (but not quite as bad as with Ambien).

• Aaron January 7, 2011 at 7:26 pm #

I wouldn’t have felt a sense of lost time if I had fallen
      asleep in bed! :-)

But the grogginess is a problem with any sleep
      medication if you don’t get a full 8 hours of sleep. Nowadays if I
      need something I take Melatonin, which is a natural chemical your
      body uses to regulate sleep.

Oh and the morning after this happened
      I woke up nice and refreshed!